Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sometimes it's better not to know...

As a child I used to be addicted to the game Master Mind and was particularly impressed by the picture on the box, which featured a very wise looking man with a beard and a Chinese woman with an enigmatic expression.


Year later I discovered that Mr Master Mind was the owner of a small chain of hairdressing salons in Leicestershire who stood in for the photo shoot after a male model failed to turn up. I must confess that I was disappointed. I probably hadn't given the matter much thought since the age of ten, but in some small corner of my brain he was a member of some elitist sect of highly intelligent people, not a hairdresser called Bill Woodward. The enigmatic Asian woman was a Computer Science student from Hong Kong called Cecilia Fung.

This photo must have affected other people too, as someone recently went to the bother of reuniting Bill and Cecilia for another photo shoot...

1 comment:

dovegreyreader said...

I loved this game too until you dropped the box on the floor and a zillion little pegs went everywhere. I even had a mini travelling one.